The George Payne are here to guide you through the coronavirus lockdown.
If there’s one positive that has come out of the coronavirus pandemic, it’s that we’ve learned to appreciate the little things in life.
Ask people what they’re looking forward to most after lockdown ends and the answers usually involve family, friends and small comforts we previously took for granted. The latest iPhone or a blowout shopping spree? Not so much.
We don’t know when things will “return to normal”, but when they do, man, will it feel sweet. In no particularly order, here are a list of things to look forward to – you might not relate to all of them, but we’re sure you’ll smile at some. Bookmark it for those difficult days and remember, small joys are coming in a big way.
- That first big family meal. And many, many more,( remember the 2×1 in lunch at The George Payne)
- Hugging a loved one, for a really, really long time
- A day at Barcelona beach on a hot, sunny day.
- Shaking the hand of, or sharing a nachos at The George Payne with, a newly-befriended neighbour.
- Going for an impromptu Guinness after work at The best bar in Barcelona.
- Watching live sport, and hearing the roar of fellow fans.
- A proper pint, not from a can or bottle, a pint in The George Payne, the best irish of Barcelona.
- Catching up with the staff at your favourite pub, The George Payne.
- Dancing until sunrise.
- Flirting with a complete stranger. In person.
- Trying to memorise the “specials board” with the offers at The George Payne.
- Going to a beer pong competition at The George Payne.
- Crying with laughter at a stand-up gig.
- Dating apps when there’s a chance of a face-to-face date.