Brewing is an art that The George Payne respects, always purchasing our beers from the best brands with a guarantee of safety. But there are people who are so fond of this alcoholic drink that they are able to risk everything for a drink, even during the new coronavirus pandemic. As a couple of beer fans who decided to make their own drink taking advantage of the quarantine, but something went very wrong …
These are Tony Hilliar and Alida Fouche, from South Africa, a country that banned the sale of alcohol and tobacco when confinement began to prevent its mass consumption.
The couple did not want to stop enjoying one of their great pleasures and began to make homemade beer. But they ended up getting intoxicated, according to the local press, which reports that it was Tony, 54, who managed to notify the emergency services after they both tried the beer and began to feel bad.
When the toilets arrived, Alida was already dead and her partner, Tony, was writhing in pain on the floor. He was quickly taken to a hospital center, where days later he died. South African police found empty bottles of craft beer, which they took away for analysis, suspecting that it could be poisoning.
From The George Payne we recommend responsible consumption and … patience, there is less left to meet again with a pint of Guinness well served.